1 July 2020 UPDATE
Rules for playing tennis are further relaxed on July 1st. Our group sessions can be booked online. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read LTA instructions in this document.
15 May 2020 UPDATE
To all Latika Members,
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION THOROUGHLY.
Firstly, we would like to thank you for your patience during the lockdown. Despite the strange circumstances that we are currently living in we hope that you are all staying well.
The Government has indicated that as of Wednesday 13 May outdoor sport could resume and happily tennis is one of the first sports that can resume, albeit under restricted conditions.
Since Monday 11 May we have been working on what practical steps that we will need to undertake to ensure that we keep our members safe. Suffice to say we must still all be mindful of the fact that this killer virus has not gone away, and we must protect ourselves and others for a long time to come.
Whilst it is essential that we all continue to strictly observe the social distancing and hygiene requirements, we are pleased to advise you that we are able to offer some tennis at Latika from Thursday 14 May. THIS WILL BE IN THE FORM OF 1:1 COACHING ONLY and needs to be booked directly with Matt Reid.
Also, in accordance with the Government/LTA guidelines, tennis can be played in Singles format with one other person from outside your household with social distancing measures being observed at all times, or in Doubles format entirely with members from your own household.
Group coaching, internal tournaments and league fixtures all remained cancelled for the time being.
The clubhouse will remain closed and there will be no toilet facility so if you are coming to the courts please use the toilet before you leave home.
The LTA have issued clear guidelines for venues, coaches and players. Please also carefully read the LTA Guidance for Players. It is advised that you print it off and keep it with you as a reminder when you are at the club.
- WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE YOU COME TO THE CLUB
- You must book a time to play. Please book your court on our Clubspark booking page and allow 10 – 15 minutes for any change over of use of the courts.
- You will only be able to use Court 1 or Court 3 in order to ensure correct Social Distancing. Matt will use courts 4 or 5.
- It will be your responsibility to sanitize your hands and all equipment before entering and when leaving the court. Please wipe the lock down and any areas of the gate you touch each time you enter and leave the court. Lock the gate if there is no one else around.
- Where possible, bring your own tennis equipment and balls. If you are playing singles with someone not in your household, please mark your tennis balls differently 2 each, so that you only handle 2 balls. Balls must not be shared away from family groups. If you happen to hit a ball out of court – please get it immediately to avoid cross contamination
- Please be considerate, do not monopolise the court. No more than one session a day for a maximum of I hour.
- All of the well publicised Government social distancing and hygiene requirements which must be fully observed in and around the Club’s grounds and parking areas at all times – this is for your own and everyone else’s safety.
- Car parking – please leave a space between each car.
- We have left two brooms on court 2 to sweep debris away if needed. Players should wipe the broom down before and after use with an antiseptic wipe and clean hands after use.
- If you are last to leave, please lock the gates and wipe down the locks and gates with your sanitizing wipes.
We have to prepare paperwork for the Council which will take a short time, and which will be displayed around the courts as soon as we can.
All activities at the Club are undertaken entirely at your own risk. We are constantly receiving guidance from the professional bodies and will update you when any further changes need to be made.
With all the above requirements being complied with, do enjoy your tennis even if the playing formats and social interactions will necessarily be quite limited at the present time.
Latika will be back to full operation as soon as we can. Remember – safety first!
Latika Junior Tennis Club
May 15, 2020