POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO CURRENT LOCKDOWN RESTRICTIONS
As tennis can continue for under 18s, Latika is running the Winter Box Ratings Tournament 2021 which is open to any Latika member who is 11 or over (born 01/01/2010 or earlier) or green-ball players (by special invitation only) who wish to play competitive tennis.
The LTA has changed some of the rules related to competition age groups and the seasons in which competitions run. As a result, competitions are run from Jan-Dec and the competition age groups are based on a calendar year (rather than a cut off in either March or August as in previous years). For more information about this and to access the LTA age calculator to help identify what competition your son or daughter should enter, click here.
The Latika Winter Box Ratings tournament will run from 01 January until 18 April 2021 (with finals to follow).
In order to register for the tournament, please click here to our Clubspark page and complete the details and transfer the £10 entry fee. The closing date for entries is Saturday 9th January 2020.
- Players wanting to play in rated boxes must obtain an LTA rating. For players with an LTA rating qualifying results will be submitted to the LTA for ratings purposes. To sign up for FREE British Tennis membership, please use this link. Click club members and follow the instructions.
- Matches will be played on a full court with yellow balls. Matches are the best of 3 sets (tie-break at 6-6 in the first two sets and a championship tie-break if the match goes to a third set ie. first to win 10 points with clear 2 points).
- Matches should be played in the spirit of ‘Fair Play’. Children are to score their own matches and parents are not allowed on the courts during the match and should not communicate with their children throughout.
- Entrants are responsible for contacting opponents to arrange the matches, supplying balls and reporting the results.
- You can agree with your opposition to play at any venue. Matches do not have to be played at Latika.
- Where possible, the Latika Winter Box Ratings Tournament will be divided into rating bands eg. grouping of ratings 10.2, 10.1, 8.2 and 8.1, so most players will benefit from matches counting toward their rating and have competitive matches. Players will only get ratings points for winning matches against players in their rating band or higher.
- The tournaments will be arranged in a round-robin / box format so each player will compete in more than one match.
- If there is just one box in the competition, then the winner will be the person who has the most wins. If there is a tie, the winner is the person who won out of that head-to-head match.
- If there is more than one box, then the winners from each box will be entered into a knock-out competition. If two players tie within a box, the winner is the person who won out of that head-to-head match. The final match will be played on Winter finals day; date to be confirmed.
- Matches must be completed and results submitted by 18 April 2021. No extensions will be given. Results received after the deadline will not be valid.
- A fee of £10.00 in advance is charged and must be paid online at time of registering.
Please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com or speak to Matt if you have any questions.